Normally, this is not a huge deal either. When I was using the facilities, I could tell I was bleeding. How badly, I was unaware. I flipped on the light and I was dripping blood. I ran my finger under some cold water and MAN did that HURT! I thought it was a cut -- nope -- GASH. I had taken a chunk out of my finger. Feeling a little woozy from the blood and slight pain and being sleepy -- I put a bandaid on my finger and went to bed.
Of course, during these events, John woke up. He promptly told me to put pressure on my finger to keep it from bleeding too badly. I fell asleep holding my finger tightly. I woke up this morning and the paper towel I was using to stop the bleeding (through the bandaid mind you) was covered in the red stuff. It also had soaked through the bandaid.
It is now 7AM. I took the bandaid off, but since I had held it so tightly through the night, the bandaid was stuck REALLY good to the wound. Thinking I was being smart, I ripped it (not totally intentionally) and of course, MORE BLOOD.
I didn't think I was a sucker for blood, but MAN OH MAN, I had to lay down. John brought me a wet washcloth to apply pressure again to it. We then discussed the means by which to take care of it. It is a deep wound, do we get it stitched? Do we put a bandaid on it and think it'll heal? Do we use new skin? What do we do? By this point, it was a huge wound in my head, so my thought was the only option is stitches. This being the case, I start crying -- plus my thumb is THROBBING!!
I called my mom! Yes, I am that girl that calls her mom about everything. I called her at 7:30 this morning crying wanting to know how do I know if I need stitches? (Poor John has a crazy 25 year old grown woman crying talking to her mommy). She said to clean it, put a bandaid on it and watch it. If it doesn't heal, then go to the doctor.
John said those were my options -- doctor and stitches or bandaid. He said either way, it's going to hurt and have to heal. He didn't laugh at me when I cried. He was my doctor. He was the best man I could ask for in a case like this! :) He also agreed to take care of all blood related issues in the future.
I bit the bullet and poured alcohol on it and suffered through 2 layers of new skin. THen, put a bandaid on it. John was late for work b/c of my hysterics. The good news is, that I think I was more dramatic than really called for. I blame it all on the early hour. It is still doing some bleeding/oozing.
I have pictures even -- they aren't great, but they're also not so bad you can't tell it's not a deep wound. I think I'll be fine, but I realized -- when the kiddos come -- John is in charge of blood. I don't know how my mom dealt with broken arms on each child, 4 times at least taking me to get stitches, etc. I guess Mom's ARE superwomen!!!!
Thanks for being there for me for 25 years Momma!!! :)
PICS:
4 comments:
Ouch!! Loving the rainbow bandaid! =)
I'm feeling woozy thinking about this story. But, we both know I'm not the iron stomach woman anyway. UGH! You ARE the woman, though. Pouring alcohol on that took some tough stuff. Remember my big toe incident with the marble steps? I wouldn't pour alcohol on that...I waited for peroxide. EW!!!
OH, and Doug and I plan on going back to Savannah and doing lots more of the historical stuff. It is a really cool city!
Here from the Posey's blog. That hurt me just reading it!
Post a Comment