I found this on yahoo today. I thought it was HILARIOUS. There are some things that I don't even remember, but some I do...
I will confess, I am a slave to technology -- don't knock the DVR! It is my best friend and have a hard time watching TV in real time.
Take a look. I got a pretty good chuckle out of it!
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/07/100-things-your-kids-may-never-know-about?npu=1&mbid=yhp
Raising Brothers
10 years ago
4 comments:
haha that is hilarious! Oddly, I am 24 and didn't know what a lot of those things were but the ones I did know made me laugh! :) S
That is so funny! I am guilty of doing all sorts of those things- I very rarely have cash or write a check!
I know I already posted to this comment but I just read your response to my post about not being of this world but being in it! You hit the nail on the head for my feelings! Sometimes I feel like it would be sooo much easier to just take the other path and not be held to the higher standard that I know my God wants me to follow but then I know I could never live the other way. By being a follower of Jesus I know I am going to fall short but to purposely go that route and dishonor my God on purpose? Umm, never! We are definitely called to be set apart as you said (have you read the book by Leslie Ludy? I loved it! Just finished it actually!}. I just read something recently too about how being ridiculed because of my choices is what I am going to have to endure for my love for Christ but I know the reward in heaven is so much better and worth anything I endure here on earth. Especially because Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for me!!
I love how I am just responding to your posts on the same comment, haha. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I have been having the hardest time giving relationships over to God but I know I have to. I know He wants me to & I know for my piece of mind I need to! I am not exactly sure how to do it completely yet {any advice?} but I know once I do my life is going to improve in ways I cannot even imagine! It already has! I know a lot of people think I am crazy that I am just giving God this area of my life, I guess because it is not the conventional way to do it in our culture today but I know it is what is right for me. I love your story, it is sooo perfect!! I am so glad I found your blog! One of the reasons I love blogging so much is I am able to share my faith and find people with similar views when modern culture may see things differently.
Post a Comment