I can't believe it's been 5 weeks that we've had this beautiful new girl in our lives! 
This is my sweet girl after her first doctor's appointment (1 week old)
She gives me a reason to get up in the morning (even if it is 4am). These past 5 weeks have been the most wonderful and the most challenging of my life. This little person relies on me to take care of everything for her -- and sometimes, I don't know what to do for her and I have to let her cry which of course breaks this new momma's heart!
Doesn't every mother have to get a picture of her crying baby before she soothes her?
The last several weeks have involved lots of getting up in the middle of the night, lots of tears (more hers than mine, thank goodness), lots of poopy diapers, lots of naps, lots of laundry, and lots of kisses and cuddles and my heart being full
.
Watching John with Audrey makes my heart grow three times every time -- I'm pretty sure that it will pop out of my chest soon! He is so good with her. Sometimes, I think he's the better mommy than I am. He clues in on what's wrong with her at the times that I don't. I thank God every day for this wonderful man who completes me and makes being a parent easier because he takes up my slack.
Things are great -- even when I'm so tired I can't stand it -- the Lord has truly blessed us with each other and with this precious new life that we are entrusted to mold and form.
I pray that He guides us and that we can teach her the ultimate lessons in loving the Lord and guiding her in His ways for her life!
Thank you Jesus for these blessings!
1 comment:
Amen! And I miss her (and y'all) already!
Post a Comment