This came to me yesterday after having watched a movie this past weekend. PS I Love You has become my new favorite movie. It's also a book that I'm DYING to read!!
Epiphany: THIS IS LIFE!!
The main character's husband said it and it finally hit me in the head yesterday. I am living life. This is the life God has blessed me with. Why am I spending so much time worrying about if my closet is organized? Why am I spending so much time worrying about the dirty dishes in the sink that I didn't get washed because I was cuddling with my wonderful husband? Why do I think that life will begin when I can talk the hubs into a baby? Why do I think that if the house is perfect life will be perfect? It ALREADY IS!!
This is my life. I need to live it. Do I really want to look back once we have the kids I'm waiting for to start life and realize that I missed some precious time because I was worried that everything wasn't perfect when it really is?
I have a great life. I have a wonderful husband. Wonderful kitties. A fantastic house. A great job. The best family (in laws and blood). A relationship with Jesus as my Lord and Savior. What more could I ask for?
Monday was a year and half anniversary for John and me. We've been married for a year and a half! It has been great -- why do I want to rush past this stage in our relationship to have kids? Even though they are a blessing -- I need to wait for God to bless us with them. (also, a shout out to my parents for 31 years TODAY -- they have a little time on John boy and me!)
I commit to you bloggers out there and anyone else who keeps up with me. I am living life. I can't say I won't worry, but I will do my best to not as much. Life will pass me by if I'm not enjoying it. Life doesn't start when I get married. It doesn't start when the kids come or grandkids. Life is now. I am with the love of my life. God has given me this life and this time to enjoy all He has provided for me!
Thank you Lord for this life. Guide me and lead me as I live it and do my best to live it fully and to YOUR Glory!!!
Raising Brothers
10 years ago
3 comments:
this makes me smile! hooray for epiphanies! :-)
AMEN!!!
Oh my word, I wouldn't trade my kids for ANYTHING, but there are so many times I think "what if". We were only married 10 months before I got pregnant with Keira because I was feeling rushed and like, "I'm married... I MUST have a baby NOW!"
Enjoy your alone time- you won't have it back for a while once little ones come!
My exact thoughts were "AMEN", then I click to comment and Kristy had already said that! lol
I have to keep telling myself the same thing. Just enjoy the time we have and when God is ready for us to have a child then it will happen. And if not, then there is a reason for that too.
Post a Comment